Do you love computers and all things IT? Do you have an IT qualification, a passion for troubleshooting IT issues or experience fixing computers in your spare time? If yes, we want to speak with you!
Our client is a professional outsourcing IT company, providing business support to clients across the UK. They're looking for IT Service Desk Technician's to join their team on a full time, permanent basis in Bridgend
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES
Your challenge as an IT Service Desk Technician:
- Handle the day to day enquiries received from clients and customers
- Conduct 1st Line Support assistance to diagnose and resolve client queries
- Adhere to Service Level Agreements and ensure a high quality service is provided at all times
- Where required, escalate issues to the correct team or department
- Use your sound IT knowledge to fact-find and problem solve
- You will be punctual, reliable and flexible
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Skills and experience required to succeed as an IT Service Desk Technician in Bridgend:
- ESSENTIAL: A sound knowledge of IT including knowledge of all Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
- ESSENTIAL: Experience in problem solving / trouble shooting common IT related issues
- DESIRABLE: Previous experience providing 1st line support as an IT Service Desk Technician
- DESIRABLE: IT Qualifications gained through work experience, schools and college
- Able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- An understanding of working to Service Level Agreements
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- ITIL awareness
We are looking for people with a passion for IT, so you don't need prior formal experience for your application to be successful. This is a great entry level IT role and will suit anyone with an analytical mind, looking for their first step. There's also lots of opportunity to progress if you are keen on a career within IT.
You can expect the following benefits package for the IT Service Desk Technician role in Bridgend:
- Free parking on site in Bridgend
- Share Purchase Plan where the employer will match up to 3% monthly
- Pension Retirement Plan
- Private Medical Scheme
- Large, open-plan, modern offices on the outskirts of Bridgend, not far from Junction 25 of the M4
- Member Discount Scheme with over 3000 retailers; vouchers, cash-back options and savings on days out, home purchases, restaurants and much more.
- Buy and Sell Annual Leave Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Member Assistance Program offering employees and their families' consultation, psychological counselling and support services to help them through personal or professional challenges.
- Sports & Social Club
Please note: If you are successful, you will be required to undertake stringent criminal background checks and be able to provide reference information (employment, education and personal references) to cover the last 3 years.
Call Laura on 02920 414 991 or email an up to date CV with the subject "IT" to [email removed]-recruitment.com