Retail Marketing Executive
Initial 3 Month Contract
£300 - £350 p/d
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our Global Multi-Channel Retail organisations and supporting them with the recruitment of a Retail Marketing Executive to join them on a contract basis. You will support the Retail Marketing Manager in executing customer communications by creating; theatre (driving footfall); engaging customer journeys (increasing customer engagement); and compelling calls to action (improving conversion).
The ideal candidate will have a retail background, the ability to work well independently as well as a Marketing Qualification (University Degree included).
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Planning - Manage the forward planning cycle, ensuring that at any given point in time we have clear visibility of pipeline of work be it by brand, by promotion, or by range change
- Project management - manage initiatives through brief, design, print, and store install lifecycle
- Communication - manage the handovers between different teams (e.g. from brief to studio, from studio to print) ensuring that all relevant information has been captured
- Stakeholder management - Work closely with the studio team to ensure work is effectively prioritised and completed; with the format & brand teams to manage the visual identity of our store formats; and with retail ops to ensure timely delivery of communications
- Ensure that all briefs are accurate and complete, and all specific items are correctly coded and collation briefs are approved before the briefs are passed to the studio.
- Ensure that all campaigns and individual artworks adhere to the relevant brand guidelines and templates provided, to ensure that we provide our customers with clear, consistent and customer centric communications to aid their shopping experience to support the Customer Plan.
- Consistently manage expectations with our stakeholders by providing structured critical paths along with written status updates.
- Ensure that all artworks have been technically approved prior to being sent to print / publication.
- Ensure campaign stamp sheets up to date and use these to guide future campaigns with learning's and insight derived from previous experiences.
- Where necessary liaise with external suppliers / manufacturer's to extract promotional assets to enable campaigns to be designed, approved and landed within project critical paths.
- Where applicable ensure that all campaigns receive the necessary legal approval from business standards
Required skills & knowledge
- Excellent project management skills plus an ability to multi-task proficiently.
- Ability to interrogate briefs to ensure all detail required is obtained.
- Ability to write clear, insightful and motivating briefs.
- Basic copy writing and proof reading skills.
- Excellent organisational, written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Educated to graduate level.
- At least 2 years retail and brand experience, including account management.
- Passion for customers
- Commitment to excellence
- Resilience in a fast paced retail marketing team
- Need for achievement and openness to change
- Judgement and decision making
- Proactive approach to work, aiming to work as part of a team to always deliver the necessary results